Scholarship Opportunity – St. Joseph’s Scholarship
St. Joseph was the husband of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and Jesus’ foster father.
The St. Joseph Scholarship will be awarded to two recipients annually; one $5000 high school scholarship award and one $2500 elementary school award. This is the application for the high school student. Elementary student recipient will be determined by need based on the Hope for the Future applications. The $5000 scholarship will be awarded to an 8th grade student currently enrolled or committed to enroll as a freshman in any Catholic school within the San Antonio Catholic Archdiocese in the fall of 2015. Students must also have been or currently be in foster care. Applications will be accepted from March 15, 2015 until 5 PM June 1, 2015. One copy of the application and required documents must be mailed or delivered to Hope for the Future office at 2718 West Woodlawn, San Antonio, TX 78228. Scholarships will be determined by July 1, 2015. Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and will be distributed directly to the school on a semi-annual basis.
Continuation of the scholarship is dependent upon the following:
1) FACTS application establishing need, submitted to Hope for the Future office by June 1 of each succeeding year
2) Continued GPA meeting or exceeding minimums established below.
1) You must have been or currently be in foster care. You may be either male or female.
2) You must be attending or committed to attend a Catholic school within the San Antonio Catholic Archdiocese in the 2015-2016 school year.
3) You must complete the FACTS application available from Hope for the Future.
4) One letter of reference from a current school teacher.
5) Official document from your school verifying that you have at least a B/3.0/80 or above grade point average.
6) An essay of no less than 300 words and no more than 500 words, typed and double spaced, on a separate sheet of paper attached to this application. Be sure your full name appears at the top of the page. The essay should address the following topic:
Your future hopes and goals and how obtaining a Catholic education would help you reach those goals.
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION