See what’s going on around campus this week.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Color Knight 5K Walk/Run! Spots are filling up!
REGISTER: CLICK HERE
BEREAVEMENT OF JESUS SANCHEZ
In your prayers please remember Jesus Sanchez who died on February 18, 2017. Jesus Sanchez is the father of Jesse Sanchez Class of 1982, Thomas Sanchez Class of 1983, David Sanchez Class of 1984 and Edward Sanchez Class of 1989. He is the grandfather of Roman Sanchez Class of 2008, Amanda Sanchez Class of 2010, David Sanchez Class of 2015, John Sebastian Gutierrez Class of 2011, Simon Gutierrez Class of 2014 and Thomas Sanchez Class of 2017. He is the uncle of Henry Carreon Class of 1985. John Sebastian Gutierrez is a Novice in the Congregation of Holy Cross. He is preparing to become a priest in the Moreau Province of the Congregation of Holy Cross.
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
At Castillo Funeral Home
520 N. General McMullen-78228
3:00 PM- Visitation begins
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
At San Martin de Porres Church
1730 Dahlgreen St.- 78237
10:00 AM-Mass of Christian Burial
BEREAVEMENT OF DAVID MICHALEC
In your prayers please remember David Michalec who died on Monday, February 13, 2017. David is a member of the Class of 1968. David is the brother of Alfred Michalec Class of 1961, Ray Michalec Class of 1962, Patrick Michalec Class of 1970 and Joe Michalec Class of 1974.
Friday, February 24, 2017
At Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Helotes
13715 Riggs Road-78023
11:00 AM- Mass of Christian Burial
RE: SCHOOL CHOICE MEETING-2/22/17
6:30 PM-Holy Cross Cafeteria
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
FROM: Bro. Stanley
I hope that you will recall on many occasions hearing me speak about School Choice. Each time I have tried to emphasize the importance of School Choice to all families and especially to present and future Holy Cross families. Already, School Choice Bill have been filed with the 85th Texas Legislature, the current Legislature.
However! No School Choice Bill will become law unless we make it happen. School Choice legislation has the strong support of Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick. This is not sufficient! There is strong opposition and we must gather to overcome the opposition.
At the meeting we will answer your questions. But more importantly, we will review actions for countering the opposition. I look forward to meeting with you.
Sincerely in Holy Cross,
Bro. Stanley Culotta
TUITION ASSISTANCE & ONLINE ENROLLMENT/REENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Dear Holy Cross of San Antonio Parents and Guardians,
The application for Hope for the Future’s tuition assistance is now available! To qualify for Holy Cross tuition assistance, you MUST have completed an application for Hope for the Future’s tuition assistance. The first round deadline for submission is Friday, March 10, 2017. Visit the Hope the Future website at www.hopeforfuture.org to begin your application. Should you have any questions during the application process please contact the FACTS Parent Hotline at 1-866-441-4637 and they can assist you with any FACTS issues.
Also, remember to complete your online enrollment packer for the 2017-2018 school year! You can view instructions for online enrollment here: 2017-2018 Reenrollment Packet.
Tuition Assistance Dates are as follows:
- Sunday, January 1st- FACTS Application Opens (Early Round)
- Friday, March 10th- FACTS Application Closes (Early Round)
- Saturday, April 1st- FACTS Application Re-Opens (Final Round)
- Thursday, April 6th- HOPE Notifies applicants with awards via e-mail. (**For applicants that applied during early round)
- Friday, April 21st-Deadline for applicants to accept awards through FACTS. (Early Round)
- Friday, June 30th- FACTS Application Closes. (Final Round)
- Friday, July 28th- HOPE notifies applicants with awards via e-mail. (**For applicants that applied during the final round)
- Friday, August 11th- Deadline for applicants to accept awards through FACTS. (Final Round)
- All families MUST apply online, www.factsmgt.com/, and pay a $30.00 application fee. Application fees are directly to FACTS. These fees cover the administration cost and Hope for the Future does not profit from these fees. This fee is non-refundable.
- A complete application MUST contain verification of income.
- ONLY complete applications will be considered.
- ONLY families with $0 balance at school will be awarded.
- Parents MUST log into their FACTS Account to accept the award.
- Tuition assistance is ONLY available for K-12.
This past Saturday, February 11th the Brother of The Congregation of Holy Cross, Moreau Province and Holy Cross of San Antonio signed a Memorandum of Understanding granting sponsorship to Holy Cross of San Antonio. As President of Holy Cross Community Services, Brother Stanley Culotta co-signed the M.O.U. This officially means we are sponsored by the Brothers of The Congregation of Holy Cross! We have always been a Holy Cross school, this just formalizes the relationship.