See what’s going on around campus this week.
REGISTRATION IS NOW UNDERWAY, FOR THE
DOLLARS FORE SCHOLARS GOLF TOURNAMENT
Have you registered for the 10th Annual Dollars FORE Scholar’s Golf Tournament?
- Date: Sunday, November 2, 2014
- Location: Silverhorn Golf Course: 1100 W Bitters Rd, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Time: Breakfast & Registration @ 6:30 a.m., Tournament Starts @8:00 a.m., Lunch and Raffle to Follow.
- Registration: Foursomes or individual players, CLICK HERE!
- Questions: Call the Holy Cross Advancement & Public Relations Office at 210.433.9395 ext.269 or 275
Thank you for supporting The Brother Rene Lenhard Scholarship !
A FEW SPECIAL REMINDERS FROM STUDENT COUNCIL REGARDING SPIRIT WEEK
SPIRIT WEEK starts on Monday, October 20th and ends at Homecoming next Saturday, 10/25.
Each day of the week students may dress in a different theme. The themes are as follows:
MONDAY: MYTHOLOGICAL MONDAY/MYTH MONDAY
Students may dress as any mythological (or non-real) character. Students may not wear cut and/or revealing clothing. If shorts are part of the costumes, students may wear leggings as well.
TUESDAY: THROWBACK TUESDAY
Wear clothes that are from any past era (roaring 20’s, hippie 60’s, etc.) as long as they are not from the 2000’s! (If a student attends school wearing regular clothes that are from the current fashion trends, they will not be in spirit dress and therefore will be asked to change into their uniform.
WEDNESDAY: WACKY WEDNESDAY
Wear clothes backwards, inside out, upside down, or right-side wrong! Crazy socks, mismatched colors, and a funky hat. All of these are permissible. Shorts that are knee-length are allowed as long as they are not basketball or athletic shorts.
THURSDAY: HOMEROOM WARS
Each homeroom is in charge of their theme for the day and must dress accordingly. The homerooms will be judged by the administration on creativity and participation. The winner of the competition will be rewarded with a free spirit dress day. (Since each class will come in something different, please be sure to get with your homeroom teacher to discuss the details)
FRIDAY: BLUE AND GOLD SPIRIT DRESS
This is a regular spirit dress day and the spirit dress guidelines must be followed. Students may wear any Holy Cross t-shirt and jeans. No open toed shoes or torn jeans will be allowed.
* All costumes and outfits must abide by the Holy Cross dress code and meet the exact criteria of the themed day. If you have a question about your outfit, please see an administrator prior to wearing it. Students who are not in compliance of the dress code will be asked to change or sent home.
HOMECOMING PEP RALLY
Our Homecoming pep rally will be held on Friday, 10/24 at 2:15 PM in the Holy Cross Convocation Center.
All are welcome!
LOCKER BOARD DECORATIONS
* As a reminder, the PTC will be selling locker boards on Sunday, 10/19 from 2-4 PM. The school will be open at that time for students and parents to come in and display the locker boards before we begin our spirit week!
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: HOMECOMING DANCE
Tickets to the Homecoming Dance are available for purchase in the business office. Tickets are $15 a person and are only available pre-sale, not at the door.
DRESS CODE GUIDELINES FOR THE HOMECOMING DANCE
Taken directly from page 18 of the Student Handbook, please follow the guidelines listed below:
Boys are to wear tuxedos, suit or sport coat, but at a minimum, they are expected to wear semi-formal wear, such as slacks, nice shoes, and a nice shirt and tie. Torn clothing is not permitted. All students must be clean shaven.
Girls will wear semi-formal attire or formal gowns or pantsuits. Strapless dresses/tops and Spaghetti straps are not permitted.
- Dresses are to be no more than 3 inches above the knee (front and back).
- This also applies to slits in dresses
- Dresses must be at an appropriate length even if leggings are worn underneath the dress.
- Dresses may not be extremely low cut either in the front or back. The front of the dress may not fall below the bra line; the back of the dress may not fall below the waist.
- Dresses may not be extremely tight/form fitting. Be aware of the material that gathers and rises when you walk.
- No pinning will be allowed to bring dress up to code. (safety pins)
- Dresses may not be made of see-through fabrics or nude looking fabrics. Examples: tulle, netting, or illusion.
The following will not be permitted:
- Two-piece formal gowns or pants and top, where the midriff is showing.
- Dresses with revealing cut-outs.
- Torn clothing
If the attire is questionable, students are encouraged to show their evening wear to Ms. Calderon beforehand to determine if it is Catholic school appropriate. The determination of the appropriateness of student dress and grooming shall rest with the principal and administration.
Students and their dates who are non-compliant with the dress code will not be admitted to the event. No refunds will be given for dress code infractions in which result in students being asked to leave.
Ms. Molly Calderon, Dean of Women
Phone: 210-433-9395 | Email: email@example.com
HOLY CROSS’ ANNUAL DOLLAR FORE, SCHOLARS GOLF TOURNAMENT
IT’S FORE! A GOOD CAUSE
The annual golf tournament benefits the Brother Rene Lenhard Scholarship Fund!
WHEN: Sunday, November 2, 2014
WHERE: Silverhorn Golf Club
TIME: 6:30 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:00 a.m. Shotgun Start
Luncheon & Raffle to Follow
Prizes will be awarded to 1st-3rd Place Teams, Closest to the Pin on Par 3, and Longest Drive on Par 5.
**Please submit tee sign information and registration by October 17, 2014.
SIGN UP & REGISTER HERE: Dollars FORE Scholars Registration Form 2014
Address any questions to the Advancement & Public Relations Office at
433-9395 ext. 269 or 275.