We are pleased to announce a new scholarship for Pop Warner students!
Please take a minute to view the information below.
The primary purpose of the Holy Cross Pop Warner Scholarship is to provide assistance to a Holy Cross student who enrolled at Holy Cross through a direct correlation to the Pop Warner program. This scholarship is only available to Holy Cross students who participated in pop warner as a football player, cheerleader, or in a related capacity.
- The Holy Cross Pop Warner Scholarship will provide a one-time $500 payment toward the tuition cost at Holy Cross of San Antonio.
- Any student wishing to apply to receive the Holy Cross Pop Warner Scholarship must submit a one page essay on one of the following two topics:
- What my Holy Cross education means to me
- The merit of living by the Holy Cross Code
- The Holy Cross Pop Warner Scholarship Application must be completed and submitted to the office of Admissions by September 5, 2014. Failure to complete and submit the Application in a timely manner will result in the denial of application submission.
- A family may only apply for the Holy Cross Pop Warner Scholarship once. If awarded, families may not reapply in future years.
- All eligible students must meet the admission requirements of Holy Cross of San Antonio in order to utilize the Holy Cross Pop Warner Scholarship.
- Eligibility must be verified before the scholarship is awarded.
In your prayers please remember Michael Pimentel who died on Saturday, August 23, 2014. Michael Attended Holy Cross from 1965 to 1967.
Monday, September 1, 2014
At Porter Loring Mortuary
8:00 AM – 9:00 PM Visitation
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM Visitation with family present
Tuesday, September 2, 1014
At Cornerstone Church
18755 Stone Oak
11:00 AM Burial Service
In your prayers please remember Mrs. Stella Procelle who died on Sunday, August 24, 2014. Mrs. Procelle is the mother of Michael Procelle, Class of 1974.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
At St. John Berchmans Catholic Church
1147 Cupples Rd. 78226
6:00 PM Visitation begins
7:00 PM Rosary
Friday, August 29, 2014
At St. John Berchmans Catholic Church
12:00 PM Visitation
1:00 PM Mass of Christian Burial
Interment to follow
Mission Burial Park South
1700 SE Military Dr. 78214
Incarnate Word High School
Back to School Dance!
Friday, August 29th from 7:30-10:30pm
UIW Convocation Center
Come dressed in traditional clothing from the country of your choice and help us kick off our year of global giving!
At the end of the night one lucky student who attends the dance will win an iPad mini!
See the dress code and dance guidelines below
* Students from Incarnate Word High School will be selling tickets by the Holy Cross Library at 3PM on Thursday, 8/28. Tickets are $12 per person.
IWHS Back to School Dance Guidelines
- Themed dress is encouraged but not required.
- IWHS assumes NO responsibility for lost articles, including, but not limited to, cell phones, purses and shoes.
- A Catholic high school student with proper ID must accompany attendees who are not enrolled in a Catholic high school.
- No facial jewelry other than earrings allowed.
- Dress Girls:
No backless (tie in the back) or strapless tops allowed. No exposed mid drifts or stomachs. Lower garments must be longer than the fingertips when arms are extended. No ripped or torn jeans.
- Dress Boys:
No low hanging, baggy pants that expose boxers.
No chains hanging from clothing.
No steel toed boots.
No ripped or torn jeans.
- Inappropriate dress will be cause for refusal of admittance
- Inappropriate contact or dancing will be cause for expulsion from dance
- Efforts will be made to conduct parents or guardians when a problem occurs. Major issues will be reported to the student’s school Principal or Dean of Students.