Congratulations to the girl’s varsity volleyball team for winning the semifinal round of the area/regional games in a 3-0 victory. Our girls advanced to the next round and will play tomorrow at 11 a.m.
HOLY CROSS’ JOSEPH PENA, SELECTED TO THE USA NATIONAL TEAM FOR POWERLIFTING
Congratulations to Holy Cross Sophomore, Joseph Pena, Class of 2017. Joseph has been selected to the USA National Team that will compete at the IPF Raw Classic World Powerlifiting Championships June 5 -14, 2015 in Salo, Finland.
Joseph’s recent Powerlifting accomplishments include:
- 2012 AAU Junior Olympic Power lifting Champion Raw American and World Record Holder
- 2013 USAPL State Champion Raw 3SHW Teen 1 American Record in the squat 507#
- Broke the squat record 3 months later 601#
- 2014 Texas High School Power Lifting Regional Qualifier competed in the UIL 4A and 5A classes
- 2014 USAPL Raw State Champion State and American records- Squat 700, Bench 308, Deadlift 507
HALLOWEEN DRESS CODE
Students will have the opportunity to show their Halloween spirit and dress up on Thursday, Oct. 30th
Dress Code and Guidelines
- All dress code guidelines found in the student-handbook apply
- Additional guidelines include:
- To participate you must come to school fully dressed in an obvious costume
- No bare midriffs or revealing clothing
- No jeans, unless they are an integral part of the costume
- No cross-dressing
- No tank tops, spaghetti straps or bare shoulders
- No shorts without leggings or tights for the ladies, and nothing shorter than the knee for the men
- No skirts without leggings or tights
- No flip-flops
- No clothing that contains a product name representing alcohol or drugs
- No costumes that would offend anyone (gender, race, sexuality, etc.)
- No satanic/demonic costumes
- Please note: If your costume has a mask, you may bring it to school to wear for our Halloween gathering but students are not allowed to wear them during the school day
Students should make their costume choices carefully. Be creative! Do not come to school dressed in jeans and a T-shirt and say you are dressed for the 80’s or 90’s.
If you do not have a costume, please attend school in your uniform.
Students may elect to come to school in Spirit Dress attire for a $1 fee. If you come to school dressed inappropriately, you will be sent home from school or receive a Saturday detention.
This Halloween dress-up day is meant to be fun, and student behavior on this day will affect future dress-up days. Please be respectful so that the student body can have future dress-up and spirit days.
Thursdays Halloween Assembly will include a Costume Contest!
Prizes will be awarded for:
Most Original or Creative
Best Group Costume
JOIN THE CELEBRATION AND COME IN YOUR MOST BOO-TIFUL COSTUMES!
WAY TO GO, HOLY CROSS!
HOPE FOR THE FUTURE 5K
On Saturday, October 25, 2014, the 8th annual Run With A Mission 5K took place and it was a very successful event. The 5K was sponsored by Hope for the Future, an Archdiocesan program dedicated to providing the benefits and values of a Catholic school education to the community. Hope for the Future is a major supporter of Holy Cross of San Antonio.
A big congratulations to Holy Cross’ RJ Fernandez, 6th grade , Mercedes Reyes, 7th grade, and Ms. Emily Galindo. They all received awards for placing in their age divisions.
Holy Cross was one of the recipients of the spirit award for having the best decorated booth and for having great participation!
WAY TO GO KNIGHTS!!!
Please join us for our Open House!
If you are interested in registering for the FREE HSPT Prep Course and Practice Test, please download the registration form by clicking the link below.
HELP US TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE UPCOMING OPEN HOUSE by sharing this information.
IT’S FORE! A GOOD CAUSE
REMINDER: the Dollars FORE! Scholars Golf Tournament is almost HERE!
To register yourself or a team, download the form here.
When: Sunday, November 2, 2014
Where: Silverhorn Golf Club
Time: 6:30 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
Tee Time: 8:00 a.m. Shotgun Start
Questions? Please contact the Advancement & Public Relations Office
at 210.433.9395 ext 269 or 275