PENA SQUATS 1,005 LBS
Congratulations to senior Joseph Pena who recently squatted 1,005 lbs. on February 25th at the Holy Cross Powerlifting meet. To see the KSAT 12 interview with Joseph, please click the link here: KSAT 1,005 Pound Squat Story
TUITION ASSISTANCE & ONLINE ENROLLMENT/REENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Dear Holy Cross of San Antonio Parents and Guardians,
The application for Hope for the Future’s tuition assistance is now available! To qualify for Holy Cross tuition assistance, you MUST have completed an application for Hope for the Future’s tuition assistance. The first round deadline for submission is Friday, March 10, 2017. Visit the Hope the Future website at www.hopeforfuture.org to begin your application. Should you have any questions during the application process please contact the FACTS Parent Hotline at 1-866-441-4637 and they can assist you with any FACTS issues.
Also, remember to complete your online enrollment packer for the 2017-2018 school year! You can view instructions for online enrollment here: 2017-2018 Reenrollment Packet.
Tuition Assistance Dates are as follows:
- Sunday, January 1st- FACTS Application Opens (Early Round)
- Friday, March 10th- FACTS Application Closes (Early Round)
- Saturday, April 1st- FACTS Application Re-Opens (Final Round)
- Thursday, April 6th- HOPE Notifies applicants with awards via e-mail. (**For applicants that applied during early round)
- Friday, April 21st-Deadline for applicants to accept awards through FACTS. (Early Round)
- Friday, June 30th- FACTS Application Closes. (Final Round)
- Friday, July 28th- HOPE notifies applicants with awards via e-mail. (**For applicants that applied during the final round)
- Friday, August 11th- Deadline for applicants to accept awards through FACTS. (Final Round)
- All families MUST apply online, www.factsmgt.com/, and pay a $30.00 application fee. Application fees are directly to FACTS. These fees cover the administration cost and Hope for the Future does not profit from these fees. This fee is non-refundable.
- A complete application MUST contain verification of income.
- ONLY complete applications will be considered.
- ONLY families with $0 balance at school will be awarded.
- Parents MUST log into their FACTS Account to accept the award.
- Tuition assistance is ONLY available for K-12.
SENIOR DARREN GRAHAM SIGNS WITH NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE
This morning, Mr. Darren Graham, Class of 2017, signed his commitment letter to attend, play football and run track at Northwestern College located in Orange City, Iowa. He plans to study Kinesiology in the Fall.
Mr. Graham received All-District Honorable Mention in 2014 and Second Team All-District in 2016.
Mr. Graham will be playing corner back for the Red Raiders in the Fall.
On his official signing day, Mr. Graham was accompanied by his football coach Mike Harrison who is also the athletic director at Holy Cross. Coach Harrison mentioned he was very proud of Mr. Graham’s accomplishments and was honored to have known him since he was a young adolescent. Also by his side was the school’s Principal Henry Galindo who had words of encouragement for Mr. Graham. Cheering him on in support were his senior football teammates and his parents and family members.
SERVICE. HOSPITALITY. LOYALTY.
The Student Knight Ambassadors Program is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year. The applications will be accepted from March 1- March 31, 2017.
Through the principles of Civility, Hospitality, and Allegiance, the mission of the Student Knight Ambassadors is to serve and represent Holy Cross of San Antonio’s student and administration at special events, to promote the vast successes and advancements of the school, and to communicate through all that we do, the virtue of our beloved Blessed Basile Moreau and to live out the Holy Cross Code in daily life.
Some requirements for Applicant’s are as follows (for the complete listing see the application and guidelines on the SKA WEB PAGE):
- Must be able to complete a minimum of 12 program service hours per semester.
- Must be entering the 9th grade to apply
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Maintain a clear disciplinary and attendance record with the school.
- Attend meetings on the first Wednesday of every month.
- Natural ability to express a positive and friendly demeanor;
- Effectively participate as both leader and a follower in a team environment;
- Willingness to develop or improve public speaking and networking skills; and,
- Genuine desire to serve and represent the Administration and the school as well as contribute to the advancement of our organization.
If you have any questions, please contact Ariana Uribe, 210.433.9395 ext 269, firstname.lastname@example.org.