HOLY CROSS’ STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING CAMP COMES TO AN END!
Thank you to all of our participants who stayed committed to their athletic growth over the summer at Holy Cross. Everyone worked extremely hard and we had a very successful camp. Again, thank you to all our athletes and parents. Below our some pictures from our last day!
Coach Roy Salas
THANK YOU TO ALL THE 3 ON 3 BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS
Holy Cross and Coach Roy Salas, would like to thank all the participants, volunteers, schools, fans and donors who were involved with The First Annual Tuition Assistance 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament on July 11-12, 2014.
A special thank you to Anastacia Salazar, with St. Pius X and all of our Tournament Volunteers:
Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Casarez, Holy Cross
Mrs. Belinda Holifield, St. Pius X
Samantha Flores, St. Anthony High School, 10th
Savannah Flores, St. Pius X, 8th
Raymond Casarez, Holy Cross, 10th
Destini Salas, Holy Cross, 8th
Daisi Salas, Holy Cross, 7th
Noelia Rocha, Holy Cross, 7th
The tournament was a huge success! It’s a great kick start to a fun and competitive annual event, which will continue to assist Catholic education.
See everyone next year!
In your prayers please remember Esperanza Barrera who died on Saturday, July 12, 2014. Mrs. Barrera is the mother of David ‘81, Paul ’83, Peter ’87 and Juan ’88.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
At Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
223 E. Summit
7:00 PM Rosary
Thursday, July 17, 2014
At Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
10:00 AM Mass of Christian Burial
Interment to follow at
San Fernando Cemetery #2
In your prayers please remember Paul Mendoza who died on July 8, 2014. He is the father of Ron Mendoza, Class of 1971.
Sunday, April 13, 2014
At Porter Loring Mortuary
5:30 PM Visitation begins
7:00 PM Memorial Rosary
Monday, July 14, 2014
At St. Dominic Catholic Church
5919 Ingram Road
12:00 PM Memorial Mass
Interment to follow at
Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery
Recently, 3 Holy Cross students, Edward, Isabella, and Juliana Guerrero participated in the San Anto Cultural Art’s EcoFilm Camp. At the camp, these students learned from local experts about the environment, pollution, and ways to lessen our carbon footprint through green-living.
Participants were split into groups and each group created a short film based on a specific environmental topic. The films will be premiered at the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Theater on Saturday, July 12th at 6:00 p.m.
We are very proud of these students and encourage our Holy Cross community to go out and support them at the event.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE BLOG FOR MORE IMPORTANT UPDATES AND INFORMATION!
Dear Parents and Students,
The summer is flying by and before you know it our first day of school will be here. We would like to share some important information with you.
- Tuition: Thank you for taking care of your first month’s tuition which was due on July 1st. We are aware that some families are still waiting to hear from Hope for the Future and we greatly appreciate your patience. We have been told that the next round of tuition assistance disbursements will take place on July 14, 2014 or within a few days of that date. Please remember to check FACTS (the website where you submitted your application) to verify the status of your application. Parents will be notified before Holy Cross regarding your award. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Hope for the Future directly at 210-734-2620 or Ms. Helen Morales in the Holy Cross Business Office. You may reach Ms. Morales at 210-436-4257 (direct line); 210-433-1666 (fax); or via email at Helen.Morales@holycross-sa.org.
- The Academic Calendar: You may download the full calendar by clicking the link at the bottom of this message. The first important dates to note include:
- August 7th: Student Orientation, 10th-12th grades (Time is TBA)
- August 8th: Student Orientation, 6th – 9th grades (Time is TBA)
- August 8th: 9th Grade Fish Camp & 6th Grade Guppy Camp (8:00AM-1:00PM)
- August 11th: First Day of School
- August 12th: Middle School Parent Orientation, 6:00 p.m. in the HC Convocation Center
- August 13th: High School Parent Orientation, 6:00 p.m. in the HC Convocation Center
- The Campus Ministry Calendar: The ministry calendar will be sent out at the beginning of the academic year. Please feel free to join us for community liturgies and prayer services.
- Summer Reading: Please don’t forget to complete all of the summer reading assignments. If you need more information, please visit the school blog at: http://hcsablog.com/hcblog/2014/06/12/dont-forget-to-read/.
- The School Supply List: Each teacher will require supplies from their students. Most of the supplies are traditional school items such as pens, pencils, paper, spirals, binders, etc. Anything that a student needs for class beyond the traditional items will be requested by the teacher during the first week of school. Families will be provided ample time to purchase these items.
- Dress Code: Our dress code has remained the same as the 2013-2014 year. Please click the picture below which contains pictures of acceptable shoes for students to wear. Please avoid purchasing Sperry’s or any type of shoe that does not directly fit the description of a “dress shoe” as listed in the handbook. For more information, please refer to the Student Handbook (found on the website – pages 17-18, http://www.holycross-sa.org/PDF/parent_student_handbook_2013-2014.pdf) or call Mr. Angel Cedillo or Ms. Molly Calderon.
- Most of the uniform items that are needed can be purchased in the Holy Cross Business Office. The HC Business Office hours are from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday during the summer. Any items not sold in the HC Business Office can be purchased at Dennis Uniform. Their address is 431 Isom Rd, San Antonio, TX 78216. A map of their location is attached to this email. Their regular hours of operation are from Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Their phone number is (210) 366-2003. You may also shop for uniforms online with Dennis at:
- Spirit items are also available for sale in the Business Office. The Booster Club will sell additional items at the beginning of the school year.
- Athletic Physicals: Any student who wishes to participate in athletics must have a physical on file before they can be declared eligible. Please contact the Holy Cross Athletic Department if you have any questions.
- Refer-A-Friend: It is not too late to Refer-A-Friend and receive a $100 certificate which may be redeemed in the Holy Cross Business Office and applied to your tuition account (60 days from the day the referred student begins school). Additional details can be found by downloading the attached Refer-A-Friend document or by contacting Daniel Martinez, Director of Admissions and Marketing at 210-433-2178 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or the school office at 210-433-9395.
Daniel P. Martinez
Director of Admissions & Marketing
(210) 433-2178 Office (210) 433-2117 Fax
HOLY CROSS ALUMNA RECEIVES FULL ROTC SCHOLARSHIP TO ST. MARY’ S UNIVERSITY
Holy Cross Alumna, Alyssa Gomez, Class of 2014, has received the Army ROTC 4-Year Urban Scholarship through the St. Mary’s University ROTC Program. Ms. Gomez will be majoring in Criminology. With this prestigious scholarship Ms. Gomez will receive a full ride for her next four years while attending St. Mary’s University.
Congratulations Ms. Alyssa Gomez!
Dear Holy Cross Community,
I am very happy to announce the launch of the Holy Cross Legacy of Light Program. The Legacy of Light Program is a Planned Giving opportunity established through the leadership of Mr. Robert Ramirez, J.D., Ph.D., HC ’67, and Board Member. It provides us all another means to support our Holy Cross Mission. Whether it be through an Estate Gift, Equity donation, Life Insurance, or another means, we have a group of supportive professionals that can guide you through the process.
An information session is being held on July 15th, as noted in the attached announcement: EVENT DETAILS 15JUNE2014. (Space is limited and RSVP is required.)
More information sessions will follow. The sessions are led by Dr. Robert Ramirez, Mr. Gerry Impelman, and Mr. Michael A Petter. These professionals are being gracious with their time and talent in support of Holy Cross. I invite you all to attend one of the sessions and learn how you can extend Your Legacy of Light to Holy Cross of San Antonio.
In Holy Cross,
Guillermo Ponce, HC ’87
Chair, Board of Trustees
Holy Cross of San Antonio