This report was presented by Mr. Galindo at the PTC meeting this week.
Holy Cross of San Antonio
October 12, 2010
Thank you. Our school year has started very positively. Our students are very focused and prepared for success. Our teachers are structured, organized, and confident, and our administration is providing great support and direction.
- Our enrollment is 400, and we expect to peak at 410. We have 105 students in Middle School and 295 in High School.
- Seniors are applying and being accepted to colleges and universities.
- We have three teachers from the Alliance for Catholic Education, ACE from the University of Notre Dame and they are doing very well. Our only other new teacher is Mr. Vince Padilla, Holy Cross class of 1981.
- We have over 100 students in Dual Credit and Advanced Placement classes.
- Our Student Council just completed a great Homecoming Spirit Week.
- Our National Honor Society also sponsored a Pink Out Day for Breast Cancer Research and raised over $1000 for the American Cancer Society.
- Our Middle School Student Council held elections and they are planning their Middle School events.
- Our Varsity Football Team is 6 and 1 and rated 10th in San Antonio. They are off this week and will play Austin St. Michael’s on Saturday, October 23rd at Harlandale Memorial Stadium at 7 pm.
- Our Volleyball Team will be playing tomorrow night at 7:30 pm here at Holy Cross. They will be playing San Augustine of Laredo and will qualify for the State Playoffs with a victory.
- Our Cross Country Team is preparing for the state meet.
- Middle School Football and Volleyball are still in season and are improving every week.
- Our Cheerleaders and Dance Team are doing very well.
- Our newly formed Drum Line is under the direction of Mr. Jeffrey Cribb and has added a lot of spirit; they are progressing nicely and will soon be performing during halftime.
- The work on the soccer and softball field construction project is progressing nicely and we expect the project to be completed in December.
- Thanks to our PTC and our fantastic parents who have donated time energy and money to help beautify our campus.
- Upcoming Events
- October 13th – PSAT for Sophomores and Juniors
- October 14th – Flu Shots from 7 am to 11 am – Gym, $29.00, $35.00
- October 16th – Junior Class Spaghetti Plate Sale – 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- October 20th – 6th Grade Ice Cream Social from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm – Cafeteria
- October 20th – Report Card Distribution – Gym from 5-7 pm
- October 21st – Blessed Andre Canonization Mass at 9:30 am, reception to follow
- October 22nd and 25th – Student Holidays, Teacher In-Service Days
- October 27th – Junior Class Ring Meeting with Herff-Jones at 6:30 pm