Research Resources from the library
Websites (Click on links):
- Catholic Resources by Fr. Felix Just http://catholic-resources.org/
- Narrow Gate (Paul’s Undisputed Letters) http://www.narrowgate-rmartin.com/theo10_classnotes/index.htm
- NT Gateway http://www.ntgateway.com/
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops http://www.usccb.org/
- Bible.org https://bible.org/
New Catholic Encyclopedia
– from home: Access from holycross-sa.org > Library Resources>Library Homepage>Catholic Resources>NCE>password hcosa>enter book in search box
– from school: http://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7C9780787676940&v=2.1&u=tlc209050002&it=etoc&p=GVRL&sw=w
Books (on reserve for your class in the library):
- New Catholic Encyclopedia (on side shelf, same as ebook)
- Catholic Study Bible (use the “Reading Guide” Sections)
- Collegeville Bible Study (one for each NT book)
- Other NT books on reserve for your class
MLA Format and Citation Help:
• Purdue Owl (basic MLA format) https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/
• Purdue Owl (in text citations) https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/02/
• Noodle Tools Express citation maker http://www.noodletools.com/noodlebib/express.php
• Noodle Tools Research Helper http://www.noodletools.com
(make an account – start with hcosa1/hcosa2. Do your whole paper with this!)
• MLA Handbook 7th edition (in library near dictionaries)
Works Cited Examples
Citation for a book:
Lastname, Firstname. Title of Book. City of Publication: Publisher,
Year of Publication. Medium of Publication.
Citing an article from a reference book, like an encyclopedia:
Last name, First name. “Title of Essay.” Title of Collection.
City of Publication: Publisher, Year. Page range of entry. Medium
Hill, W. “Book of Isaiah.” New Catholic Encyclopedia. Detroit: Gale,
2003. 594-599. Print.
Citing an article from a web site:
Editor, author, or compiler name (if available). Name of Site. Version
number. Name of institution/organization affiliated with the site
(sponsor or publisher), date of resource creation (if available).
Medium of publication. Date of access.
Ross, Allan. “Introduction to the Study of the Book of Isaiah.”
Bible.Org. 2004. Web. 14 Nov 2014.
Note: Sources should be in alphabetical order, but first word of citation. Double space, with all lines after first one indented.