The Senior Art Show will showcase artwork and photos from members of our senior class. The works of art will be available for purchase so come on out and support art at Holy Cross.
Congratulations to the following students for their outstanding showing at the TAPPS 2-5A District Academic Meet
Frank Orta – 3rd – Fashion Design – Product and Jewelry Design
Sara Torres – 6th – Fashion Design – Product and Jewelry Design
Sara Torres – 3rd – Photography – Creative and Experimental
Frank Benavides – 1st – Photography Unaltered
Erik Bonenberger- 3rd – Photography Unaltered
Eric Bonenberger – 6th – Senior Portfolio
Alice McCoy – 1st – Art History
Sara Torres – 6th – Art History
Thomas Ledesma – Honorable Mention – Art History
Amanda Arredondo – 2nd – Prose
Joseph Briones – 5th – Current Events
Joseph Briones – 7th – Social studies
Thomas Ledesma – 8th – Social Studies
Newspaper – 3rd
Yearbook – 8th
This Thanksgiving the students of Holy Cross, from the bottom of their hearts, donated over 5,500 non-perishable canned food items to Inner City Development. Our light shines brighter than ever from the heart of the west side.
Special thanks to Ms. Kralik and the National Honor Society for spearheading the drive.
Friday, November 5
@ Central Catholic
– Pre-sale tickets: Adults – $7.00, Students – $5.00, All tickets at the gate will be $8.00. Children 5 and under are free.
– Gates open at 6:00pm
– Security will be adequate for stadium and immediate surrounding areas.
– Ticket does not guarantee seating. Seating will be available for approximately 3,000 visitors. When seating is full, spectators will be advised that only Standing Room is available behind the North End Zone
– Parking at St. Joseph Credit Union, Providence H.S. (After 4:30pm), Edward’s Aquifer Authority. Angelus Funeral Home Parking will be available unless an immediate funeral is scheduled before Friday. Handicap Parking is available behind the Band Hall with Buses – enter off Dallas Street. No parking will be available at Bright Shawl. AT&T Parking will be available. Do NOT park on Camden St. That is the street just north of the field. Towing will be enforced.
– Horn Noisemakers are prohibited at all TAPPS events (air horn, bullhorn, etc…). Leave them at home but feel free to yell your lungs out.
– No chairs allowed into the venue. Stadium cushions only. Do you really plan on sitting a whole lot anyway?
– The Robotics team will be selling clappers for $3.00 at the game. Guaranteed for 750,000 claps or until it breaks, whichever comes first.
HOLY CROSS STUDENTS DONATE FUNDS RAISED TO AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
Holy Cross National Honor Society and Volleyball Team members presented a check in the amount of $1,114.95 to the American Cancer Society for cancer education, research and awareness. Ms. Ana Melissa Cavazos, Director of Development for the Southwest Region of the American Cancer Society, accepted the check on the organization’s behalf on Oct. 27. NHS and Volleyball team members raised the funds during the month of October which is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The school held a “Pink Out Day” where all students wore a pink t-shirt in solidarity with cancer survivors.
# # #
Today the students wore pink shirts and pink ribbons to raise awareness for breast cancer. The NHS will donate the money collected from the sale of t-shirts and ribbons to breast cancer research.