HOLY CROSS OF SAN ANTONIO
OFFICE OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT & ENROLLMENT
POSITION: Part-Time Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Institutional Advancement and Enrollment
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all administrative aspects of development activities. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Institutional Advancement and Enrollment. The Administrative Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support to the department, and participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals and special events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process donations by receiving and recording accurate donor records in the database.
- Prepare and mail acknowledgement letters and receipts for donor gift recognition.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective individual donors.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeals.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events and annual gala.
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Office of Institutional Advancement & Enrollment, the Board Development Committee, Gala Committee, Planned Giving Committee or as assigned.
- Prepare media packets for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Assemble & maintain media and donor kits for events, press conferences, and meetings.
- Maintain the Holy Cross spreadsheet for updates on the Web site school calendar.
- Coordinate with vendors work orders, process payment requests, and record expenses for department budget record-keeping.
- Assist in identifying venues for special ceremonies and events, ordering of menu items for events, & setting up for special events (on and off campus).
- Assist as the receptionist (point of contact) in the office for the President, Vice President & Coordinator by receiving guests with a hospitable & welcoming approach.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a related field preferred (In lieu, consideration will be given to strong candidates who demonstrate experience in the fundraising or public relations fields).
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a non-profit and/or educational and/or development office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a plus
- Proficiency in Database Management – Donor Connect Preferred (in lieu, consideration will be given to strong candidates who demonstrate experience in database management.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential materials and matters.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail a current resume and cover letter to Ms. Aida Manganiello at email@example.com