DAVID VEGA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP 2014-2015
The David Vega Memorial Scholarship will assist with the high school educational expenses of two students of Holy Cross of San Antonio. The scholarships will recognize one rising Senior and one rising Junior for the 2014-2015 school year, who exemplify the qualities of integrity, commitment to others, and community involvement. Each one-time scholarship will be in the amount of $1,000, and will apply to tuition, books, or school-required expenses.
Access Application here
1. SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Friday, May 9 by 5:00 p.m. (no exceptions)
-Rising high school Seniors and Juniors for 2015.
-Students with 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA.
– Students planning to pursue full-time college, trade or vocational school.
3. SCHOLARSHIP PROCESS:
-Written application, essay, and additional requested documentation.
4. TYPE OR PRINT LEGIBLY: Illegible Applications will be Returned.
5. POINT OF CONTACT: If you have any questions about the application, please contact Juan Barrera at email@example.com or at 703.477.4681 or visit The Office and Advancement & Public Relations at Holy Cross of San Antonio.
6. NOTIFICATION OF AWARD DECISIONS: Applicants will be notified of award decision by Friday, May 16, 2014.
David Vega exemplified the essence of what a Holy Cross student aspires to be: Studious, Outgoing, Respectful of Others, and Passionate about giving back. Raised by immigrant parents of Mexican descent on the west side of San Antonio, David attended Holy Cross from 1984 until his untimely death in January, 1986. David was an all-around student, friend, and son. He played football, basketball and ran track and was seen as an all-around athlete. In the classroom, David excelled in math, physics and chemistry. As a friend, David was close to many of his classmates and many called him their brother. After high school, David aspired to be the first in his family to attend college. He had aspirations of becoming an engineer and working for a large company an helping out his family.
David’s legacy reminds us that anyone, regardless of background, can achieve great things with a combination of passion, a plan and a great attitude. We remember David today as we follow the Holy Cross Code.