The Holy Cross Community Services Programs:
- Provide health and wellness activities to underserved youth and neighbors on the City’s West side;
- Promote athletics as a source of life skills development such as teamwork, cooperation, and respect;
- Offer after school enrichment and recreational programs made available to the Holy Cross Pop Warner league which is one of the largest in the City of San Antonio among other leagues (see attachment);
- Increase participation of children ages 5-16 allowing our community partners to double the number of participants annually (i.e. Pop Warner Program);
- Enable young people to participate in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment;
- Promote health and wellness for groups that are highly at risk of teen pregnancy, drug abuse, gang involvement and violence.
The participants will gain skills and the knowledge in making healthy choices that young people will use throughout their entire lives and become contributing citizens to the community.